The Website is owned by Massive Media Match NV, a company registered in Ghent, Belgium with company number 0537.240.636.
This Privacy Statement was created in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your right to privacy and data protection. Stepout processes your personal data with every reasonable safeguard for your protection and in conformity with this Privacy Statement and with the strict rules of Belgian and European data protection legislation.
Types of personal data we collect
Public information added by you:
- Information in your profile, photos ...
- Messages sent to other users.
Private information added by you:
- Administrative data such as your username and password.
- Your settings.
History and logs:
- Time, date and URL of all Stepout pages visited by you.
- The searches you perform on the website.
- Technical information regarding your Internet browser and computer.
During your registration (and afterwards), you can provide us with information about your name, e-mail address, gender, date of birth, location and some optional details about yourself. With the exception of gender and birthday, your Stepout profile details can be edited at any given moment.
If you choose to give additional information about yourself, you explicitly give us permission to use that information as described in this Privacy Statement.
What do we do with your personal data?
We use your personal data to:
- Publish the information intended to be made public by you, under the conditions specified in your settings.
- Allow you to correctly use the Website in accordance with your settings.
- Perform general customer administration.
- Send you communications about the Website, as well as our other products and services.
- Provide you with advertisements tailored to your profile.
- Investigate fraud and infringements of our Code of Conduct.
- Generate anonymous statistics about the (users of the) Website, to improve the Website or convey statistical information to third parties.
- Register and display your profile on other social websites owned by Massive Media Match NV or its sister, daughter or parent companies.
You may want us to send you e-mails with notifications about new messages or for other purposes related to the use of the Website. You can opt in or out from these messages in your "Settings".
By registering on the Website, you acknowledge and agree that the profile data and other information that you provide, including sensitive personal data, may be accessed from countries outside Belgium. Please note that countries outside Europe may have lower standards of data protection than Belgium.
How your personal data is shared with third parties
Third parties can access all information intended to be made public by you, under the conditions specified in your privacy settings.
We hate spam as much as you do. Your e-mail address is never shared by us with any third party.
Statistical or anonymous information about our users can be disclosed for marketing and promotional purposes. In these situations, we never disclose information that could be used to personally identify you.
We never share any of your other personal data with any third party, unless you give your explicit permission. We may, however, provide access to your personal data in case of illegal use, when we receive orders from legal authorities or to protect our rights.
Cookies and web bugs
Storage term and location
Stepout applies the following storage terms:
- Information added by you: stored during a period of 6 months after you delete this information, or delete your account. (Note: you can delete your account at any time. If you do not log in on your account during a period of 6 months, your account can be deleted automatically.)
- History and logs: stored during a period of 6 months after the history item or log event was created.
- Cookies: cookies used on the Website have a maximum lifetime of 100 days.
Your personal data may be stored in a country outside the EU.
The security measures put in place on Stepout prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Stepout uses industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information. While "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet, our technical experts at Stepout work hard to ensure your online safety.
You can get access to your personal data free of charge (and correct it, or have it corrected, where relevant). Please promptly update your information if it changes.
You can object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track ('DNT') is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information we collect. However, we do not recognise or respond to any DNT signals, as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
Control of your password
You may not disclose your password to any third parties or share it with any third parties. Keeping your password safe is your responsibility.
If your password has been revealed or stolen, immediately change your password via Settings. Please inform us of any privacy breach or abuse of login data by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
We strongly recommend that you periodically change your password. Choosing a safe password will reduce the risk of unauthorized access to your account.
Importing your contacts
In some countries Stepout offers members an easy import tool to invite your mail contacts to register on Stepout. If you decide to import your contacts, you confirm that they have given you their consent to do so and you accept that an automatic e-mail invitation and reminder will be sent on your behalf to the contacts you have selected. Stepout stores the contact details of your friends only for the purpose of automatically connecting them with you after their registration.
Stepout does not sell e-mail addresses or use them to send any other communication besides invitations. Your contacts can click the unsubscribe link in the invitation mails to prevent receiving further invitations from Stepout.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be posted on this Website so that you are always aware of the information that we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it.
Modified versions will take effect in thirty (30) days after being published on the Website.